The Utah Center for Assistive Technology (UCAT) Open House will showcase technical services that help Utahns with disabilities improve their quality of living through assistive technology. This event is open and free to the public, and is part of National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
The UCAT Open House will feature special presentations on new assistive technology, including the 2017 Best Devices of the Year awards for the Seneca 2.0 Driving Controls and an adapted trike. Nearly 30 vendors will be on-site to demonstrate new devices for communication, transportation and daily activities of daily living.
Brian Lahti, a former UCAT client that had a spinal cord injury from a car accident as a teenager, will also give a presentation. With the help of UCAT specialists, they helped adjust his mobility while at school and for driving. He is now married with twin babies and successfully graduated from law school.
Program and Presentations Agenda:
Conducting: Mike Wollenzien, USOR Specialized Services Coordinator
- Welcome/Introduction of UCAT Staff and UCAT Advisory Council
- 2016-17 UCAT Annual Report Presentation
- Agrability Presentation
- Device/Client of the Year Presentations
- Seneca 2.0 Driving Controls
- Ed’s Adaptive Tricycle
- Nora and Proloquo to Go: UATT
- Honorable mentions: Best of GBG and UATT
- Guest Speaker: Brian Lahti, former UCAT/UATT client
View our UCAT Open House Flyer.